Want to know how to organise under the kitchen sink?
For me having an organised home is one of the best ways to save time and money. If I know what I have, can easily see and access it and know that I use it, I am happy.
I have slowly gone through each room of my house and looked at the areas where I spend too much time looking for things and working out a way to organise them.
When working on a space I am aim for two things
- Visual appeal
While many others will say that how a space like a cupboard looks isn’t important, I really believe it is. If an area looks good and you are happy with it, you are more likely to put items back in their place and continue to keep it organised. Organising a space and having it become a mess again can be a disappointing experience so finding ways to avoid that is always helpful.
One of my trouble areas has been under my kitchen sink. Although a frequently used area, I was in the habit of just throwing items back underneath.
This is how I did it
- I measured the cupboard under my kitchen sink and worked out what needs to get stored there and I wanted it to look like.
- I cleared off my kitchen bench and put everything from under the sink on there. I went through all the items and got rid of anything that I didn’t need or that I had found a replacement for.
- I then grouped like items together and worked out the best way keep them organised.
- I searched for items that would help me achieve the look and storage I needed. I found the products I used at Kmart and Amazon online. I find keeping items in tubs of there own or with other like items helps keep things neat.
- Once they all arrived, I made sure the tubs fitted as required and then popped my products back under the sink.
- I tested my organisation for approx. a week, shuffled a few items around and settled on a design I was happy with.
I now find that this area is much easier to use and that others are helping with kitchen cleaning a bit more too, which is always nice.