After you move you’ll need to do a little leg work to update your details. Each organisation will have different requirements to process the address change. You may need a copy of your lease or to show your updated license. Some organisations can do it over the phone or via email, some will require formal paperwork to be filled in and returned.
- Australian Tax Office.
- Road Authority (such as VicRoads) – make sure you update your license and registration for all vehicles
- Electoral Roll
- All banks you have relationships with. including loans, credit cards, accounts, term deposits, mortgages.
- Insurance broker or insurers. Include home, life, income protection, car, boat, house, contents, caravan etc.
- Superannuation. This is also a great time to consolidate your accounts too.
- Afterpay or similar
- Real estate agent for your rental properties or as a forwarding address
- Mobile phone provider
- home phone
- home internet
- frequent flyers
- Woolworths rewards
- Your work place/s. (HR department if you have one)
- Union membership
- Professional memberships (Master builders, CPA etc)
- ASIC (if you’re a business owner)
- Magazine/newspaper subscriptions
- Doctors (don’t forget any specialists)
- Ambulance membership
- Health Insurance
- Library membership (or arrange a new one for your area)
- Sports memberships
- Hobby memberships
- Your kids’ school
- Microchipping for pets